cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependency on WebApplicationContext
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:26:17 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>
>>> After you made the Settings object available on its own the Core doesn't
>>> seem to be used much anymore. So it seem like a good idea to remove it.
>>> The only remaining use seem to be as a shielding of the
>>> EnvironmentHelper. What is your plan for that functionality?
>>>
>> I think we can make this available through the BeanFactory as well; but
>> I'm not sure if this is a proper use of a bean factory. So basically,
>> you have to lookup the bean each time you use it. WDYT?
>
> I'm not certain either. The solution with you choose with a statically
> available thread local, lead to less code, so it seem like a good
> solution :)

Yes :) Now, the idea with the Core object was to provide a "cleaner"
interface to the static methods. I think, I'll create a utility class
with static methods that wrap the environment helper stuff. This allows
us to later change the internal stuff (environment helper etc) if
required with breaking any api.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/