cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: Dependency on WebApplicationContext
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:26:17 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>> After you made the Settings object available on its own the Core doesn't
>>> seem to be used much anymore. So it seem like a good idea to remove it.
>>> The only remaining use seem to be as a shielding of the
>>> EnvironmentHelper. What is your plan for that functionality?
>> I think we can make this available through the BeanFactory as well; but
>> I'm not sure if this is a proper use of a bean factory. So basically,
>> you have to lookup the bean each time you use it. WDYT?
> I'm not certain either. The solution with you choose with a statically
> available thread local, lead to less code, so it seem like a good
> solution :)
Yes :) Now, the idea with the Core object was to provide a "cleaner"
interface to the static methods. I think, I'll create a utility class
with static methods that wrap the environment helper stuff. This allows
us to later change the internal stuff (environment helper etc) if
required with breaking any api.