cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using trunk
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:26:39 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>It's strange as cocoon-default-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, which is one of our *own*
>>modules should be build *locally* and put into your local repository and
>>Maven should be able to pick it up at build time.
>

> Yeah, i thought that it was very strange.
>
> Lets say i am a brand new developer, eager to
> try trunk. I can do svn stuff and have the checkout.
>
> The most recent Maven release 2.0.2 is installed
> and set the environment. Never used Maven before
> other than to do 'mvn --version'.
>
> What are the steps to see Cocoon running?
> I will write a quickstart Daisy doc.

- install Maven as described in
   http://maven.apache.org/download.html#installation

   going through the tutorial in
   http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html
   is no mistake of course :-)

- Make sure, that "mvn --version" works for you

- checkout (update) ./cocoon/trunk

- call "mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true" from there
   a) as long as you don't checkout again, you can always append
    -o so that Maven is executed without connection to the network)
   b) I'm used to call the clean goal first to be sure that everything
      gets rebuild

- if trunk builds for you, follow the tutorial in
   http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/796.html

   (pls note: I'm not sure that my tutorial works. Yesterday it didn't
    but last night (CET) Daniel checked in a fix that should have fixed
    my problems. I'll report to the list as soon as I it works for
    me again.)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc