cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependency on WebApplicationContext
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:07:09 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:

> For your questions about creating Core and Settings I use a
> o.a.c.servlet.CoreUtil from cocoon-core that has reduced functionality
> and flexibility compared to the ordinary one, it just use the servlet
> config as input. It is used within the ECMBlocksServiceManager.

Ok, can we try to use the same code (= same CoreUtil); I think this
would avoid duplicate efforts. I cleaned up the core CoreUtil a little
bit and the BootstrapEnvironment interface got a lot smaller; I think I
can get away with most of the other methods there as well, leaving just
some configuration hooks. And this would then make the
BootstrapEnvironment optional. So you could just invoke the CoreUtil
with a o.a.c.environment.Context object (which inherits from
ServletContext). Would this work for you?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/