cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependency on WebApplicationContext
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:57:45 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> AFAIU the initialization of Cocoon has changed from within the blocks-fw. IIUC
> CoreUtil is never initialized and therefore the settings object isn't
> initialized either.
>
> I get a NullPointException in line 174 of the ApplicationContextFactory:
>
> final File logSCDir = new File(settings.getWorkDirectory(), "cocoon-logs");
>
> (settings.getWorkDirectory() returns null)

Yes, this is the problem I tried to explain in this thread :) The core
is structured in a way that it assumes to have a Core object and a
global settings object containing most of the configuration for the
whole installation (like working directory etc.) Without this, several
parts of Cocoon will fail.
Now, with the blocks-fw in place, is there anything wrong with this
assumption? Can we setup the Core and settings object somewhere? Or do
we need a different solution?
A workaround for the NPE would be to set the working directory in the
BlocksManager#init(ServletConfig) method.

> Could somebody of you have a look at this? If you want to reproduce this
> exception, go into
> .\cocoon\trunk\cocoon-block-deployer\cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo and call
>
> mvn cocoon:simple-deploy jetty6:run

I can't get this running; I get a NoSuchMethodError in the
SingleBlockDeployMojo#execute method.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/