cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: Dependency on WebApplicationContext
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:30:55 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
>> I'm sorry for that. Of course this was not my intention. Where exactly
>> are your problems? For me at least everything compiles.
> My testcases:

> doesn't work anymore. The blocks samples

> doesn't work anymore. Reinhard's work on block deployment
> doesn't work anymore.

AFAIU the initialization of Cocoon has changed from within the blocks-fw. IIUC
CoreUtil is never initialized and therefore the settings object isn't
initialized either.

I get a NullPointException in line 174 of the ApplicationContextFactory:

final File logSCDir = new File(settings.getWorkDirectory(), "cocoon-logs");

(settings.getWorkDirectory() returns null)

Could somebody of you have a look at this? If you want to reproduce this
exception, go into
.\cocoon\trunk\cocoon-block-deployer\cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo and call

mvn cocoon:simple-deploy jetty6:run

Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:

View raw message