cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Using trunk
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:03:57 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> I described what files need to be copied in the first mail in the
>> thread, it is as simple as that.
>>
>> 1. Add the block you want to depend on to the pom.xml in cocoon-webapp.
>> 2. Copy the content of src/main/resources/WEB-INF in the blocks to the
>> src/main/webapp/WEB-INF of cocoon-webapp.
>> 3. Copy the contents of src/main/resources/samples in the sample blocks
>> to src/main/webapp/samples/blocks/<block-name> of cocoon-webapp.
>>
> Ah, ok, now, this means that you change the the src of the cocoon-webapp
> block (pom.xml and additional files in the resources). Now if I
> accidentially commit the webapp block I would commit all those stuff as
> well. Or am I wrong? Isn't there a better way?

IMO cocoon-webapp is a demo application so I think it is OK if we have
it contain a fixed set of blocks and samples that we like to showcase.

Before the cocoon-webapp also have acted as a template webapp, that
people have started with while developing applications, but letting the
cocoon-webapp fill that role as well is IMO mix of concern.

For having a template webapp, we should have something much more minimal
that the demo-webapp. And for creating such a webapp Maven archetype is
the way to go.

/Daniel