cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Using trunk
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:29:00 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> To use the current trunk you start with the cocoon-webapp.
>
>   $ cd cocoon-webapp
>   $ mvn war:inplace jetty6:run
>
> Then you can point your browser at http://localhost:8888/cocoon-webapp/.
I get this:

Message: No default type exists for 'map:transform' at
file:/C:/dev/apache-projects/cocoon-trunk/cocoon-webapp/src/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap:60:62

but I will have to double check if I have updated my working copy.

> After having checked that the core actually can serve the start page, it
> is time to start adding blocks. This is done by adding the blocks that
> you want to the dependencies in the pom.xml of cocoon-webapp.
>
> To actually get some result from this you have to copy the content of
> src/main/resources/WEB-INF to the src/main/webapp/WEB-INF of
> cocoon-webapp. Now you have the needed configuration files as well.
>
> Last step is to have some samples to look at. Copy
> src/main/resources/samples from the appropriate samples project to
> cocoon-webapp/src/main/webapp/samples/blocks/<block-name>, and point
> your browser to the samples.

It's not the copying of files that bugs me. Does anyone have a solution
how to get rid of those files if I do not want them? How do I know
during commit which files are just copied over from other directories
and should not be commited.

How do we deal with a total mess that war:inplace leaves in src/ directory?