cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Simplifying configuration
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:45:22 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> In the last days I simpliefied the configuration for 2.2 a little bit.
>
> Since you're at it, I would suggest considering removing a lot of the
> cocoon.xconf stuff and turn them into compile-time settings.

It is already this way, for the most part. Current cocoon.xconf is mostly
documentation of different component's optional features, and all configuration
is mostly set to compiled-in defaults. I do not think it is hard to trim
cocoon.xconf to the minimum - but please do not loose documentation in the process.

Vadim