cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Simplifying configuration
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:52:00 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> In the last days I simpliefied the configuration for 2.2 a little bit.

Since you're at it, I would suggest considering removing a lot of the
cocoon.xconf stuff and turn them into compile-time settings.

Two things should happen for cocoon 2.2, IMO:

  1) if you *do not* have a cocoon.xconf file (or other xconf files),
cocoon should behave normally. [this avoids the 'programming by
configuration' problem that we

  2) if a configuration change can break cocoon, it should not be a
configuration but a compile-time switch.

so #1 is for "out of the box" behavior, #2 is for "solidity in your
hands" behavior.

--
Stefano.