cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forms broken on IE
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:10:19 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With latest SVN (2_1_x branch), CForms gives a javascript error on IE6.
> This happens whenever I click somewhere on the page (doesn't matter
> where: in a blank area or an input field).
>
> The cause is that in dojo's HtmlDragManager.js, on line 185, the 'e'
> variable is undefined:
>
>   onMouseUp: function(e){
>     this.mouseDownX = null;
>     this.mouseDownY = null;
>     this._dragTriggered = false;
>     var _this = this;
>     e.preventDefault();   <=== e undefined
>
> Maybe some of you who follow up dojo development know if this is already
> fixed or if the problem is caused by us.

Such issues really raise the question, Ralph has asked earlier one: Does
it make sense
that a stable forms block heavily depends on such an unstable Ajax
block? I would be great, if the forms block could be used without ajax
and ajax is an optional part. So we can mark forms stable without having
to worry about ajax stuff. If we are not going this way and are tying
those blocks heavily together (like they are today) then we should not
mark the forms block stable and wait for that until the ajax block is
stable as well.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/