cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 2.1.9
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 05:43:22 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Now, the only way I see ATM is to extend the Ant-script for the
> repository block to download that jcr.jar from the Day site and put it
> to the correct location for deployment/build (this is meant for the
> branch).

That solves the problem technically but if the user doesn't even notice that a
library with some not-ASF-acknowledged license is installed I wonder what's the
difference ... (I know that the situation isn't better with Maven, maybe even
worse as it isn't possible to extend the download mechanism by some interstitial
that informs the user of what is happening. Well, I think we need a ASF-wide
solution here, best some mechanism that is integrated into Maven 2)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc