cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 2.1.9
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:26:18 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>> Although we can solve this issue in 2.2 with Maven, can we consider
>>> that we redistribute the JCR API as part of our redistribution of
>>> Jackrabbit?
>> I believe the alternatives that were mentioned were to either get the
>> OK from legal or not deliver the jcr block as part of the release.  If
>> the answer above means you don't feel we have permission than the
>> release should go out without JCR.
>
> The API can be redistributed with an implementation, and we do
> redistribute the implementation. Does this give use the permission to
> redistribute the API with the implementation? IANAL and I don't know...

Ok, so how do we solve this issue? I understand the comment from Roy
that we are not allowed to ship the jar right now. I personally would go
the easiest way: remove the jcr api from the repo, disable the block by
default, add a readme that people have to download the jar and put it
into local libs to build the block.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/