cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 2.1.9
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:39:06 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> The Ajax features of CForms depend on the Ajax block. What we need is
>> testing these features that just have been rewritten.
>
> This gets stranger and stranger.  At one time I thought Ajax was an
> optional component - that you could install the forms block without
> Ajax.  It sounds like that that is not the case. Now we are saying
> that the Forms block is stable but that it depends on the Ajax block
> which is not....
>
> What would happen if I installed Forms without Ajax and never enabled
> Ajax in forms. Would the build fail?  Would it fail at runtime?  This
> is mostly out of curiosity.  I happen to like the Ajax stuff, but I
> imagine there are a lot of folks who just want the forms framework by
> itself.

CForms is meant to be able to work without Ajax. Now to achieve this,
you have to tweak a bit the forms-field-styling.xsl to remove the
<script src=""> related to Ajax (there are 2 of them).

> So is this a matter of running the samples in the Forms block (why do
> you keep calling it CForms? - I thought we renamed it) or in the Ajax
> block or are you looking for people to write code to do it?

It's a matter of running CForms samples (I write CForms by habit and
because it's shorter than "the Forms block" -- the renaming was Woody
--> Forms), just like every other sample when we're about to make a
release ;-)

> P.S.  Did you sleep at all today?  Or are you in my part of the world?

Hehe. No, I'm still in France. But it's one of these very infrequent
nights where I have hard times to sleep...

Sylvain