cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 2.1.9
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 02:30:15 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> The Ajax features of CForms depend on the Ajax block. What we need is
> testing these features that just have been rewritten.

This gets stranger and stranger.  At one time I thought Ajax was an
optional component - that you could install the forms block without
Ajax.  It sounds like that that is not the case. Now we are saying that
the Forms block is stable but that it depends on the Ajax block which is
not....

What would happen if I installed Forms without Ajax and never enabled
Ajax in forms. Would the build fail?  Would it fail at runtime?  This is
mostly out of curiosity.  I happen to like the Ajax stuff, but I imagine
there are a lot of folks who just want the forms framework by itself.

So is this a matter of running the samples in the Forms block (why do
you keep calling it CForms? - I thought we renamed it) or in the Ajax
block or are you looking for people to write code to do it?

Ralph

P.S.  Did you sleep at all today?  Or are you in my part of the world?