cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 2.1.9
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:37:26 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>> The forms block is now marked stable.
>
> Ahem, I just rewrote the whole Ajax stuff with Dojo and would like
> people to test if it works well. I also have some pending changes for
> new features that'll be ready this week.
Isn't Dojo part of the Ajax block?  That is still unstable.  How long
would you like to wait for this?

>> I believe legal has given the OK for us to use the JCR api.
>
> Quoting Roy: "Those terms [the API's licence] are sufficient to
> redistribute the JCR jar as part of a compliant and tested
> implementation" and "The JCR API, in contrast, will either already be
> present in the J2SE engine (with or without an implementation) or must
> be downloaded and installed by the user".
>
> Although we can solve this issue in 2.2 with Maven, can we consider
> that we redistribute the JCR API as part of our redistribution of
> Jackrabbit?
I believe the alternatives that were mentioned were to either get the OK
from legal or not deliver the jcr block as part of the release.  If the
answer above means you don't feel we have permission than the release
should go out without JCR.

>> To the best of my recollection I believe those were the only two
>> items standing in the way of a 2.1.9 release.  So please vote.
>
> -0.9 (won't veto it, but seems premature to me)
What happened to "release often"?  It is now 3 months since 2.1.8.

> Sylvain
Ralph