cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 2.1.9
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:17:54 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> The forms block is now marked stable.

Ahem, I just rewrote the whole Ajax stuff with Dojo and would like
people to test if it works well. I also have some pending changes for
new features that'll be ready this week.

> I believe legal has given the OK for us to use the JCR api.

Quoting Roy: "Those terms [the API's licence] are sufficient to
redistribute the JCR jar as part of a compliant and tested
implementation" and "The JCR API, in contrast, will either already be
present in the J2SE engine (with or without an implementation) or must
be downloaded and installed by the user".

Although we can solve this issue in 2.2 with Maven, can we consider that
we redistribute the JCR API as part of our redistribution of Jackrabbit?

> To the best of my recollection I believe those were the only two items
> standing in the way of a 2.1.9 release.  So please vote.

-0.9 (won't veto it, but seems premature to me)

Sylvain