cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Cocoon and Felix]
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:15:49 GMT
We also need the ability to use unpacked bundles for fast prototyping
(available in Equinox). We need the possibility to embed the OSGi
framework in a servlet container
(http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/incubator/server/embedding_in_a_servlet_container.php).
And we need a framework that work together with some declarative
services implementation (IIUC the coupling between declarative services
and the framework is not standardized).

As a first step I think it is more important to get Cocoon working under
OSGi at all than supporting our local OSGi provider ;) As soon as we
have got to that point I am all for making Cocoon work with all OSGi R4
compliant frameworks, and maybe having Felix as default choice.

/Daniel