cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject [Fwd: Cocoon and Felix]
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:53:57 GMT
I just received this message from Richard Hall. Seems like Felix just go
that bit closer to meeting our needs, which is great. Is there anything
else we specifically need in order to use Felix instead of Eclipse?

Upayavira

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Cocoon and Felix
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:58:42 -0500
From: Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org>
To: sylvain@apache.org,  uv@odoko.co.uk

Hey guys,

I wanted to follow up with Cocoon and Felix...

I can't remember who said it, but someone mentioned at ApacheCon that
Cocoon needed Bundle.getEntry()/getEntryPaths() to start using Felix. I
just wanted to let you guys know these methods are now implemented in Felix.

It was actually a complicated process because I realized that Felix'
module layer abstraction was not really sufficient for implementing the
methods. While I could have hacked them in without much difficulty, I
decided to refactor and rewrite the module layer abstractions, since it
would also help me with some other issues I wanted to solve. Needless to
say, after a few weeks worth of work, I am pretty satisfied with the new
module layer...it still needs some tweaking, but for the most part it is
significantly improved.

All of this work is committed and ready for experimentation.

Were there other specific show stoppers for Cocoon? We should enter them
into JIRA if so, so that we can try to pick them off one by one.

-> richard