cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ajax cforms] tabs loaded with separate requests
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:55:25 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> I am in a need of a following functionality, so if anybody could
> outline me the possible solution I will do the implementation:
>
> I have a large form with lots of read only data ( repeaters ). When I
> say large I mean dynamic html up to 1 MB. The form is organized in
> several tabs (one repeater per each repeater). What I would like to
> achieve is to order cforms to load the tab on request. This probably
> requires some javascript event handlers on client side along with
> conditional view generation in the pipeline.
>
> Is this feasible?

You could have each tab be a different form, and thus a different page.

But if you want/need to have everything in a single page, you can have
the form definition contain one group per tab, with only the initial
group being active, all others having state "invisible".

Then you can have the tab labels be links to actions that not only
change the displayed tab, but also change the corresponding group's
state to "active".

Sylvain