cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New skin for web site
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:00:41 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>> hepabolu wrote:
>>
>>> BTW do you like the layout of the Notes, Warnings and Fixes? (See
>>> samples page)
>>

>> The main trouble that i see, is that it puts each "note"
>> out-of-context with the main page, i.e. not sure what the
>> warning refers to.
>
> Thanks David, I meant to say that, but it got lost in the last few days
> work. I also feel the context of the note/waring/fixme has been lost,
> i.e. it is no longer attached to the paragraph that it followed.

I know, I realised that too, but OTOH usually people will skim pages for
information. Notes/warnings/fixme-s will stand out and will probably
read out of context anyway. So I'd rather go for clear information in
such a box than depending on the context of the box. Much like the rule
that in a paragraph you should not refer to the title but include it in
the sentence.

On subsequent reads these boxes are only in the way of the natural flow
of the information and can cause irritation.

>> Otherwise great. Thanks for your excellent work.
>
> +1

Thanks. It was great fun to do.

Bye, Helma