cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: RAD with blocks
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:06:50 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>> Just to let you know.
>>
>> I was corrected by Reinhart.
>
> Reinhard
>        ^ ;-)
>
>> The RAD works with the
>> cocoon-trunk/cocoon-block-deployer/cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo module
>> (and not the one I was using for my tests as mentioned above). Also
>> one needs to have Eclipse auto-build enabled so that changed
>> resources will be copied over to the target directory (which isn't
>> that pretty IMHO but maybe this can be fixed anyhow as Eclipse isn't
>> the only IDE used in the world ;-)
>
> Basically I agree with you but as soon as the ReloadingClassloader is
> integrated I don't see a reason not to use it at development time
> which makes auto-compilation mandatory. I'm an Eclipse user, but don't
> support IDEA and Netbeans auto-compilation either?
>
> BTW, if somebody is interested in working on making blocks reality and
> is looking for a manageable task, he can do the integration of the
> ReloadingClassloader into the blocks-fw. If so, just let me know (so
> that we don't duplicate our efforts).

RT: When we move to OSGi the Cocoon "platform" will contain the same
basic standard OSGi framework and service bundles as Eclipse (or maybe
from Felix). And a Cocoon block will basically be a bundle, and such can
be developed with the plug-in development environment in Eclipse. Maybe
Eclipse auto build is gathered in a few plug-ins, in that case we could
just reuse them for Cocoon development. Anyone who knows how it works in
Eclipse?

/Daniel