cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: Logkit (I know, again) was [RT] Using Spring instead of ECM++
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:58:06 GMT
Niklas Therning wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>> Yes, please :) I would suggest log4j as commons-logging has problems
>> with classloading (afair) and noone is using jdk14 logging.
>
> Nowadays there's also slf4j (www.slf4j.org). Like commons-logging it's
> a facade for other logging frameworks but it doesn't suffer from the
> classloading problems of commons-logging. It's used by the Apache
> directory project. I think it's being developed by the guy behind log4j.

Given the Avalon framework interfaces, we already have a log abstraction
using the LogEnabled and Logger interfaces.  Proper wrappers are also
provided for Log4J and have been for years.  There's no value add in
introducing YALF (Yet Another Logging Facade).

In the future when your components have no ties to Avalon, just use
Log4J directly.