cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Using Spring instead of ECM++
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:05:01 GMT
Ok, I just committed the initial prototyp. The spring based container is
setup in the Cocoon class (in initialize). I think I've covered most of
the Avalon stuff including pooled components (but have not tested this).
The remaining part would be to use the spring based container instead of
ECM++ which requires changes in the Cocoon class and in the tree
processor. Changing the Cocoon class should be fairly easy while the
tree processor is more work. Now, this work can't be done without
possibly breaking Cocoon until the work is finished. So how do we proceed?

Once we use the Spring based container we can simplify the whole setup
process and clean up things like the CoreUtil and the Cocoon class.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/