cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RAD with blocks
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:44:12 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

>> Basically I agree with you but as soon as the ReloadingClassloader is
>> integrated I don't see a reason not to use it at development time
>> which makes auto-compilation mandatory. I'm an Eclipse user, but don't
>> support IDEA and Netbeans auto-compilation either?
>

> Well, from a users POV an XML, XSLT, sitemap file is a totally different
> thing than a class file (which he obviously knows to be compiled first
> before being usable).

I'd say that we should wait for user feedback on this. The thing is that I
hesitate to make too many things configureable, but sure, if configurations are
required, we can add them.

Currently cocoon:simple-deploy points to ./target/classes. We can make this
configureable so that people can point to ./src/java/resources. The only thing
that I really want to avoid is the possibility to set two locations for a block,
one for the compiled Java classes and one for the resources (smells like FS ...).

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc