cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RAD with blocks
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:17:26 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Just to let you know.
>
> I was corrected by Reinhart.

Reinhard
        ^ ;-)

> The RAD works with the
> cocoon-trunk/cocoon-block-deployer/cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo module
> (and not the one I was using for my tests as mentioned above). Also one
> needs to have Eclipse auto-build enabled so that changed resources will
> be copied over to the target directory (which isn't that pretty IMHO but
> maybe this can be fixed anyhow as Eclipse isn't the only IDE used in the
> world ;-)

Basically I agree with you but as soon as the ReloadingClassloader is integrated
I don't see a reason not to use it at development time which makes
auto-compilation mandatory. I'm an Eclipse user, but don't support IDEA and
Netbeans auto-compilation either?

BTW, if somebody is interested in working on making blocks reality and is
looking for a manageable task, he can do the integration of the
ReloadingClassloader into the blocks-fw. If so, just let me know (so that we
don't duplicate our efforts).

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc