cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r377171 - in /cocoon/trunk/cocoon-portal/cocoon-portal-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/portal: pluto/ profile/ profile/impl/
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:47:00 GMT
Ralph Goers schrieb:
> I'm having a hard time understanding this.  populate seems to go through
> and figure out what all the page labels should be, but it doesn't do
> anything with them.  I assume this is part of the discussion we've been
> having? As I said there I'm not even sure this is necessary. When Castor
> builds the layout each named item should be able to create its page
> label by doing:
>
> Item item = getParent().getParent();
> if (item == null || !(item instanceof NamedItem)) {
>     this.label = this.name;
> } else {
>     this.label = item.getLabel() + "." + this.name;
> }

Yes, that's true. Now the question is: Where to put this code? We could
add this to the item.
My idea was to provide extensions to the profile manager which are able
to post process the profile, like adding the page labels.
This label will then picked up by the tab renderer - and this part is
currently missing. Hmm, perhaps you're right and we can add this code
directly to an item or named item. Have to think about it.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/