cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: New imageop block in 2.1
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:48:35 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot skrev:
> About the [1]imageop contribution, could someone explain how I can
> add a block  in Cocoon 2.1?

Take a look at some of the blocks in src/blocks and make sure that the
block you like to add follow the same directory structure.

> Does it involve  adding the new block
> in gump.xml?   Does the build  depend on gump.xml directly,

Yes, there is some xslt that is called by the prepare-blocks target in
tools/target/compile-build.xml that create ant targets for the blocks
based on the gump.xml.

> or is
> there an intermediate step required?

You also need to update with the new block. That can
either be done manually or with the task.

For blocks with jars one need to update lib/jars.xml and legal.

> Please find attached the current patch against gump.xml.

Haven't added any blocks lately so I don't remember enough to be able to
evaluate it.

View raw message