cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: New imageop block in 2.1
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:48:35 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot skrev:
> About the [1]imageop contribution, could someone explain how I can
> add a block  in Cocoon 2.1?

Take a look at some of the blocks in src/blocks and make sure that the
block you like to add follow the same directory structure.

> Does it involve  adding the new block
> in gump.xml?   Does the build  depend on gump.xml directly,

Yes, there is some xslt that is called by the prepare-blocks target in
tools/target/compile-build.xml that create ant targets for the blocks
based on the gump.xml.

> or is
> there an intermediate step required?

Not AFAIR.

You also need to update blocks.properties with the new block. That can
either be done manually or with the generate-blocks.properties task.

For blocks with jars one need to update lib/jars.xml and legal.

> Please find attached the current patch against gump.xml.

Haven't added any blocks lately so I don't remember enough to be able to
evaluate it.

/Daniel