cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vilya Harvey <vilya.har...@gmail.com>
Subject How to build cocoon trunk?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:56:09 GMT
Hi there,

After spending some time developing on Cocoon 2.1.5.1, I thought it was
time to try and get up to date. I've checked out the Cocoon trunk from
SVN and tried to follow the instructions in the README.m10n.txt file,
but seem to keep getting problems.

The first problem was that the cocoon-deployer module (in the
cocoon-block-deployer subdirectory) wouldn't build. I found another
thread related to that which indicated (if I understood correctly) that
cocoon-deployer was not needed; I've commented it out for now.

Now I'm gettting a lot of warnings about Maven being unable to get
resources from various directories. I'm not very familiar with Maven yet
- are these things I can ignore, or will they come back to bite me later
if I do?

Finally, once I have got it all downloaded and building correctly, what
is the intended way of developing applications for it? I read a passing
comment somewhere that user code would be written as a block and would
just declare dependencies on the blocks it needs. Is that the case? If
so, where can I find information about writing blocks? If not, how
*should* I be writing applications for Cocoon 2.2?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Vil.

--
http://www.vilyaharvey.com