cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A new FAQ entry?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:03:22 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> This is really a three pronged question:
>
>   1. Do we have a project FAQ?
>   2. Where is it? on daisy?

(assumption - there isn't a FAQ already)

I use Daisy on an in-house project for documentation. One of the things
we have done is create a FAQ document type which has a "question" and an
"answer" part and a category field (user, developer, installation etc.)

We then use the query facilities on daisy to automatically create a
variety of FAQ documents.

One advantage of this over having a normal document listing the faqs is
that you can include each FAQ in other documents. For example, by having
a field "commonality" wich is set to "uncommon" or "common", we can use
another query to include the common FAQs on relevant pages, e.g. the
install documentation can includes the common install FAQs at the end,
whilst the "uncommon" ones appear in only in the list of FAQs.

I could set this up on the Daisy instance if you like. Perhaps just
starting with the basic FAQ doc type for now.

Ross