cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: building trunk
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 07:33:43 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>>Do we need any svn:externals in trunk? I don't think they are
>>required.
>

> The archetype svn:external links to the static data from the cocoon webapp.
>

>>If nobody objects, I will remove it.
>

> Please move it back to the whiteboard instead. I still believe
> archetypes will become useful for us, but probably not before both
> cocoon and maven have stabilized again.

It's not that I think that we don't need archetypes but this
cocoon-archetype-core reflects the "old", monolytic Cocoon and not what we want
to get. It's only that different archetypes will be required as outlined in my
two block deployer tutorials. I will make the first one work very soon and
rewrite the cocoon-archetype-block for this purpose.

Do you still want to keep the cocoon-archetype-core archetype?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc