cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Let the environment interfaces extend the javax.servlet.http ones
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:03:31 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> One of the possible solutions is to make generally and officially
>> available the ServletRequest and ServletResponse entries of the object
>> model that are populated by the HttpEnvironment. This creates a
>> migration path towards the standard servlet interfaces.
>>

> They are already officially available in an http environment, so we could
> end up with the question what to do in other environments. Generating
> them?

Yep. Just as our HttpRequest is a wrapper around the ServletRequest,
we'll have to write wrappers around oace.Request that implement
jsh.HttpServletRequest ;-)

Hmm... now should this wrapper implement _Http_ServletRequest, or just
SerlvetRequest? The servlet API was designed to be extend in areas other
than http, but this never happened (e.g. portlets). Don't know...

Sylvain