cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Let the environment interfaces extend the javax.servlet.http ones
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:45:58 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> As discussed in:

> and less radical in
>
> There would be a lot to gain by basing our environment abstraction on
> the javax.servlet.http set of interfaces in trunk. I propose that we make:
>
> o.a.c.environment.Request  extend javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest
> o.a.c.environment.Response extend javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse
> o.a.c.environment.Context  extend javax.servlet.ServletContext
> o.a.c.environment.Session  extend javax.servlet.http.HttpSession
> o.a.c.environment.Cookie   extend javax.servlet.http.HttpCookie
>
> This shouldn't create any compatibility problems,
Hmm, I think it will, e.g. j.s.h.HttpServletRequest#getSession returns
a j.s.h.HttpSession while o.a.c.e.Request#getSession returns a
o.a.c.e.Session and overriding just the return type is not possible in java.

So, I'm -1 on this because it creates compatibility problems.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/