cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Global component registry
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:41:17 GMT
danielf@apache.org wrote:
> Author: danielf
> Date: Sat Feb  4 05:26:06 2006
> New Revision: 374865

> Log:
> Changed from dependency based component lookup to global component registry (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1764).
> Updated tests and samples to reflect that there is no need to declare component dependencies
in block.xml.

Hmm, without block dependencies deployment becomes more difficult. How does the
person who deploys the block know which other blocks are required to satisfy all
requirements? Also auto-wiring that uses the default-value from block.xml
doesn't work anymore.

Something else that I don't understand is how do we manage component namespaces
in blocks? If I use <map:generate type="file" src="test.xml"/> it just works but
what happens if the hint "file" is used several times in different blocks? (I
guess the first or the last declaration wins.)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc