cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Component parameterization
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 22:21:19 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

>> Do you mean how the parameters from wiring.xml finally arrive in the
>> component configuration?
>>
> Yes.
>
> Parameters from the wiring get to the servlet as servlet context
> parameters, but how to solve it for components is unclear. Not talking
> about that I don't think that the servlet and the individual components
> should be parametrized as a collective, they should be parametrized
> separately. But that is another question.

Isn't it enough that you can reference block parameters in your component
declaration, e.g.

<continuations-manager>
   <expiration-time>{expiration-time}</expiration-time>
</continuations-manager>

And in block.xml you have

<block>
   <parameters>
     <parameter name="expiration-time" default="1000"/>
   </parameters>
</block>

What am I missing?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc