cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Component parameterization
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:40:42 GMT
Reinhard Poetz skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz skrev:

>>> My understanding is that a user can parameterize a block at
>>> deployment (which is supported by the block deployer) if he wants.
>>> Otherwise the default values are taken.
>>

>> Yes, but that says nothing about the details about parametrization of
>> components (which isn't implemented yet), does it?
>
> Do you mean how the parameters from wiring.xml finally arrive in the
> component configuration?

Yes.

Parameters from the wiring get to the servlet as servlet context
parameters, but how to solve it for components is unclear. Not talking
about that I don't think that the servlet and the individual components
should be parametrized as a collective, they should be parametrized
separately. But that is another question.

/Daniel