cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New skin for web site
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 10:37:43 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> hepabolu wrote:

>>> If you could provide me the end result (i.e. some HTML pages and the
>>> resources like images and CSS), I'll give it a go.
>

> I've worked out something. It is visible here:
> http://web.inter.nl.net/users/hepabolu/cocoondocsskin/index.html
>
> I'm not completely satisfied yet, but I can't pinpoint the "sore spots".
> So I'm curious what others think of it.
>
> Some remarks:
>
> - I can't make up my mind whether the search box should be at the top of
> the nav menu (directly visible and at hand) or at the end (gives a nice
> closure to the menu), so both versions of the samples have it at
> different locations.

hmmm, the search box looks better at the bottom, but it might disappear at
longer menus. Second thing is that defacto standard for search boxes is the top
right area.

Here some more thoughts:

  - I like the new design, it's lightweight and focuses on the content :-)
  - I would only change the bullet points in the menu (black circles) by
    replacing them with light blue squares (same blue as the background of the
    search box).
  - IMO we shouldn't change the Cocoon logo but keep the current one.
  - I would leave more space above a headline than below. A headline should
    be connected with the text that belongs to it.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc