cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon developers opensource license YourKit Java Profiler
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:32:28 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> >
> >>We already have this at http://cocoon.apache.org/devinfo/index.html
> >
> >The condition is to display their logo. We are not doing that yet.
>
> Hey, that wasn't asked for back in May! Putting some ads on our website
> requires a vote IMO.

It is a discreet logo. Not the big one shown at
http://directory.apache.org/thanks.html
but comparable to the JetBrains one above it.

Better get that happening now then. Could someone
else take care of that please. I am going away for
a few days.

> >>Are these nominative licences? If we can have one for the whole Cocoon
> >>committer team, it could be stored in the private committers svn repo!
> >
> >As Ralph said, they are individual licenses.
> >
> >Also read carefully the words above. I clarified with
> >them and they do mean "developers" not just committers.
>
> Uh. And how do they recognize "developers"? Isn't it just because they
> don't use the same wording as we do for people with commit access?

As i said, i had already explictly asked them to clarify that.
The reponse was used in my orginal wording. Here it
is again ...

Cocoon developers who would like to use YourKit Java Profiler

during their work on the Cocoon project, are entitled to an

Open Source license.

Here is their response to my request for clarification.
I defined exactly what we mean by "developer" and "committer"
and then asked what was their meaning ...

"
"developer" is a person who will use profiler during his work in Forrest/Cocoon project.
"

-David