cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon zone services are down again (Was: ForrestBot build for cocoon-docs FAILED)
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 22:21:21 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> >Bruno Dumon wrote:
> >
> >>I restarted them now.
> >>
> >>Is it necessary that the forrestbot runs so often? Seems like now it
> >>runs every 3 hours. IMO once or twice a day would be enough.
> >
> >No it isn't necessary anymore - was handy when doing the work to create
> >the new docs.
> >
> >The idea of frequent builds is to (almost) immediately show errors in
> >the editing which will prevent building the site. But in Cocoons case
> >most of the possible breaks (i.e. ill-formed XML) are handled by Daisy.
> >
> >I'll reduce it to midnight and mid day UTC.
>
> Ooops, I can't it's not in my crontab. David, can you please modify the
> crontab entry for cocoon-docs accordingly.

Done.

However there is another reason to have it build more
often. It would then detect broken internal links
and report them quickly, so the user knows that
they broke it and can fix it immediately.

I am amazed that people want it changed just because
of a few error messages, mostly for another reason.

Also it reminds us that the zone services are down.

-David