cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: making pipelines wait for each other
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:06:20 GMT
Le 6 févr. 06, à 10:44, Max Pfingsthorn a écrit :

> ...We see that if a second request for exactly the same pipeline comes
> in before the first request is done, it takes again as long because
> the first pipeline did not put its result in the cache yet and it is
> recomputed. This is quite obvious, but hurts our performance a lot...

FYI, a while ago I had some performance issues and I was wondering what
happens if you're using a front-end cache (mod_cache, Squid or
something): do these caches optimize simultaneous requests by making
all but one wait until the first response is generated?

In the end my issues where much more stupid than that (some pages were
not stored in the front-end cache due to incorrect headers), so I
didn't analyze in detail and don't have the answer.

 From your analysis it sounds like what you're seeing is really
Cocoon-specific, but I thought I'd share my questioning, in case you're
using a front-end cache as well.

-Bertrand