cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: regexp, Re: svn commit: r375161 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X:src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformatio n/ src/jdk1.3/ src/jdk1.3/java/ src/jdk1.3/java/org/src/jdk1.3/java/org/apache/ src/jdk1.3/java/org/apache/cocoon/ src/jdk1.3/java/org/apache/cocoon/transf...
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:29:19 GMT
I was testing the login page of the portal on my 2.4GHz linux machine.  I
tested using JMeter with from 7 to 20 threads.  Before the change I was
able to get a throughput of about 3.9 requests/second.  After the change
it went to 5.4 requests/second.  The regexp is hardcoded in the
EncodeURLTransformer and did not change. The only change I made was to
replace RE with Pattern and the match call to match the JDK 1.4 syntax.

I ran a grep a while ago and found that there was one other place that
used Jakarta regexp. I think it was SourceUtil. I did not change that.
Jakarta regexp is in the lib/endorsed directory.  I have no idea why.  I
presume some other package we are using requires it.

Ralph