cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Forms broken on IE
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:16:27 GMT
On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 11:10 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Bruno Dumon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > With latest SVN (2_1_x branch), CForms gives a javascript error on IE6.
> > This happens whenever I click somewhere on the page (doesn't matter
> > where: in a blank area or an input field).
> >
> > The cause is that in dojo's HtmlDragManager.js, on line 185, the 'e'
> > variable is undefined:
> >
> >   onMouseUp: function(e){
> >     this.mouseDownX = null;
> >     this.mouseDownY = null;
> >     this._dragTriggered = false;
> >     var _this = this;
> >     e.preventDefault();   <=== e undefined
> >
> > Maybe some of you who follow up dojo development know if this is already
> > fixed or if the problem is caused by us.
> >
> Such issues really raise the question, Ralph has asked earlier one: Does
> it make sense
> that a stable forms block heavily depends on such an unstable Ajax
> block? I would be great, if the forms block could be used without ajax
> and ajax is an optional part. So we can mark forms stable without having
> to worry about ajax stuff. If we are not going this way and are tying
> those blocks heavily together (like they are today) then we should not
> mark the forms block stable and wait for that until the ajax block is
> stable as well.

I think we can mark them both stable. It's not like the Ajax
functionality will be removed again in the future, and from the user's
mailing list it seems many people are already relying on it.

But as Sylvain pointed out, since he just rewrote that part, it might be
better to wait a few weeks for the release so that it can get some more
testing.