cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [M10N] releasing our snapshots with continuum
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:59:40 GMT

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Just a nitpick, I noticed that your howto includes the zone password of
> the maven user, not sure if this is a good idea.
>
> Of course the howto is accessible to ASF committers only, but that's a
> thousand people...until now we've used "su" to access the various users
> on the zone, it might be safer.
>
> Alternatively, we can also copy people's ssh keys to ~maven/.ssh to
> allow them to login. But I don't like having cleartext passwords in SVN.

I wasn't too sure about this myself actually, but you're right ofcourse.
 So I tried changing the password from the maven account but i get

-bash-3.00$ whoami
maven
-bash-3.00$ passwd
passwd: Changing password for jheymans
Permission denied

No idea what's going on there.

Now when Upayavira first created the maven account i tried putting my
ssh key in .ssh/authorized_keys2 but for some reason it doesn't like it
during authentication. I have the exact same setup for my user jheymans
on the zone and there it works. If someone could take a look at this and
make key authentication work that would be great.

I'll change the password on the continuum admin account later today.

Thanks,
Jorg