cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject jetty6:run is working now (was Re: [M10N] JCL and webapp classloader issues)
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:17:41 GMT

Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log
> constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@c7c7bc for
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
>         at
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:532)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:272)
>         at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:414)
>         at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.<clinit>(CacheManager.java:86)
>         ... 44 more
> Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No
> suitable Log constructor [Ljava.lang.Class;@c7c7bc for
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
>         at
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:432)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:525)
>         ... 47 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger
>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1618)
>         at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1930)
>         at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1027)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:429)
>

> ... which is a classloader issue AFAICT.

It turned out to be a jetty-solvable issue. They have updated their
snapshots again for us, the jetty6 plugin now runs our 2.2 core!

Read [1], section "How to use the webapp" for instructions on how to get
it running (improvements on the documentation always welcome)

Regards
Jorg

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/756.html