cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Versioning of blocks
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2006 22:13:25 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hmm, yes, like I wrote in my latest answer to Daniels post, I'm not sure
> if this is the right approach. I think, blocks will be totally
> independent wrt to releases/versioning from the core in the future. And

Yes the release cycle of blocks will be totally independent of the core
release cycle. The actual versioning is independent as well.

The fact that my suggestion copies ./trunk to ./branch does not mean
that we tie the release or versioning of blocks in ./branch to that
core. It just means that we explicitly state that those blocks are only
guaranteed to be working with that particular core. The branch would
effectively be in maintenance mode, meaning you'ld only backport
*critical* bugfixes.

Jorg