cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [M10N] cocoon-webapp
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 23:51:29 GMT

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> I would like to get the webapp working. I renamed trunk/webapp to
> trunk/cocoon-webapp, to follow the current name convention. And moved
> src/webapp to cocoon-webapp/src/main/webapp.
>
> Then one can run:
>   mvn war:inplace
>   mvn jetty6:run
> to get the webapp running.

sweet! that's what i was trying to get to work before i started the
flattening.

> I doesn't work however. First the jetty:plugin insists that
> target/classes must be present, so I created that manually. Then there
> are startup problems. As I got the impression that you have had it
> running I thought it would be a good idea to ask if I have missed
> something obvious before starting to debug.

yes, the jetty6 plugin insists on target/classes. Cocoon still refuses
to start however, i got exactly the same problem. I then tried to mount
the webapp under jetty6 (not the plugin) and found that cocoon needs a
property set for a temporary webapp dir of some sort.

<Item>
  <New id="testWebAppContext"
class="org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
  <Set name="Server"><Ref id="Server"/></Set>
  <Set name="contextPath">/cocoon</Set>
  <Set
name="war">/Users/jheymans/src/cocoon-trunk/webapp/src/main/webapp</Set>
  <Set name="tempDirectory">./target</Set>
  </New>
</Item>

this makes cocoon run under jetty6. I raised the issue on the jetty
support list [1].

If you mount the webapp from jetty4 or 5 it works without problems.

Regards
Jorg

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.jetty.support/7728