cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flat Layout and forms block?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:10:47 GMT
Le 10 janv. 06, à 09:51, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :

> ...Also, considering 2.1.x as a maintenance branch is not an option,
> as CForms still has to evolve before 2.2 is out...

As the CForms block is largely independent of the core, I agree that
it's a good idea to have CForms changes in the 2.1.x branch as well, if
it's easy to do. And it seems like it is.

Having the same code for a major block like CForms in 2.1 and 2.2 is
also a very good demonstration of the "user-level" compatibility
between these versions.

> ...So my suggestion (but again I haven't catched up on the m10n stuff)
> is to have svn:externals in the 2.1 branch for forms/java and
> forms/samples..

 From the peanuts gallery (I'm not working on or using 2.2 ATM): I like
the idea.

If this is done so, it would be good to add a prominent README in these
directories to make developers aware of this.

-Bertrand