cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Success stories
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:05:25 GMT
Le 18 janv. 06, à 23:06, Nicolás Lichtmaier a écrit :

> ...It would help a lot if I could show where Cocoon is being used (big
> names preferrred)...

If "big names in a small part of a small country" apply, I have two
live examples (their content is in French but you'll get the idea), and
a few more references below. People, bear with me if you've heard this
before ;-)

http://www.nouvo.ch/ is the website of "nouvo", a TV show of the
national Swiss television (french-speaking branch) which is about
innovation, gadgets, multimedia etc. In addition to being a very
important part of the show, the website is used as a kind of laboratory
to test new ideas for video distribution and audience interaction.

We'll be adding video forums next week, for audience interaction via
webcams, using Flash-based video integrated in the Cocoon-generated
website. I can't say more for now but this is public information
already, so here you go.

They're very happy with the system and it's very stable, more info on
my weblog at

http://codeconsult.ch/bertrand/archives/000566.html
http://codeconsult.ch/bertrand/archives/000370.html

The same Cocoon-based core is used to run http://archives.tsr.ch/home
where the historical video archives of the same TV network
(http://www.tsr.ch) are published.

See http://codeconsult.ch/bertrand/archives/000570.html.

This is all public information, so feel free to cite these projects as
references, or ask me off-list if you need more details.

I haven't checked if someone mentioned Jack Iver's and friends
presentation at the last GT, you can find it at
http://www.cocoongt.org/Slides-and-recordings.html.

The presentation mentions the Webby award-winning "Merck Manual Second
Home Edition" website, which also runs on Cocoon.

Other big names references around here are Otego's work for the Swiss
Interbank Clearing, search for

otego "swiss interbank clearing" cocoon

on Google.

And also SWX, the electronic Swiss Exchange, mentioned in
http://cocoon.apache.org/link/livesites-2.1.html

Hope this helps,
-Bertrand