cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M10N
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:53:42 GMT

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:24:10 +0100
> From: Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org>
> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: Re: M10N
>
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>> >  I hope that I can provide a first useable version of the
>> >  deployer-maven-plugin by the end of the week so that you (and others)
>> >  can try it out and that we find a balance between what should be
>> >  configureable and what not, which and how many configuration files we
>> >  want, what they actually configure and how they relate to each other.
>>

>>  Ahem.. I was working on the plugin for the simple-deploy goal. Are we
>>  stepping on each others toes?
>
> yep ;-)
>
> I send you my initial implementation in a separate mail. Maybe you can check
> in your changes by tommorrow morning so that I can have a look at it
> tommorrow.

Ok, I'llmerge it with mine and (as the plugin is excluded in the main
pom) will checkin what i have so far.

>>  What is the <cocoon> element in the block-deploy.xml for and how should
>>  the simple-deploy goal satisfy that.
>
> Well, the Cocoon element is in flux. My goal is that it contains
>
>  - the target location (Where is Cocoon installed?)

Do we still have such a thing like a "Cocoon installed"?

>  - a webapp skeleton - at least a web.xml we need

And the Deployer expects a WEB-INF/wiring.xml there as well (I thought
the Deployer is capable doing "auto-wiring"?)

>    in the case of cocoon:dev-deploy

Whats dev-deploy? Another goal? Isn't simple-deploy and deploy enough?

>  - a version as deployment could change in the future (to be future-safe)

Ok.

>  - does deployment remove all existing blocks (attribute "exclusive")

Ok.

> Currently the skeleton attribute is missing and needs to be added to the
> schema. The content is something like
> "org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-webapp-skeleton:1.0" and can be resolved by the
> ArtifactFactory/Resolver of Maven.

Aha. I that something like the cocoon-webapp blockor something new?

- --
Giacomo Pati