cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M10N
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:14:58 GMT

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:30:00 +0100
> From: Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org>
> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: Re: M10N

>> >  pom.xml only contains the Java library dependencies. But yes, we could
>> >  provide some plugin that creates an initial block-deploy.xml if we see
>> >  that we need this - time will show.
>>

>>  And the wiring.xml I suppose.
>
> Of course it's possible to edit the wiring.xml but I would (will) recommend

Editing wiring.xml? I may now be totally wrong but I've understud that
the wiring.xml is a generated file by the deployer (and the
deployer-plugin uses the deployer). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

> using the deployer as it will do validation, auto-wiring, ...

Actually I think I'm quite confused about all those descriptors
described in our Daisy and what the actual code looks like.

pom.xml
   - for Maven build
   - used by deployer-plugin to resolve dependencies(?)

block.xml
   - describes a block (components, sitemap, properties)
   - is used by blocks framework

block-deploy.xml
   - defines block dependencies for deployer(-plugin)
   - supplies additional information (i.e. values for block properties)
   - is used by deployer-plugin to create the wiring.xml (?)

wiring.xml
   - configures a Cocoon app concerning block relationship, mount point,
     etc.

Please correct if I'm wrong.

I'm not quite sure the difference between block-deploy.xml and
wiring.xml. Is it that wiring.xml is the sum of all block-deploy.xml and
their connections?

Can you describe how you see all those descriptors look like
for our super-sample-block (collection of all block samples) will look
like?

- --
Giacomo Pati