cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of view
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:18:52 GMT

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:44:56 +0100 (CET)
> From: Reinhard Poetz <reinhard_poetz@yahoo.de>
> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of view
>

> --- Giacomo Pati <giacomo@apache.org> schrieb:
>
>> The first thing we need to have is the archetype for
>> a block skeleton to
>> get a step ahead through the first tutorial. So
>> let's define a list of
>> items we need and requirements one has.
>>
>> If I understand your tutorials correctly [1] is
>> about creating a single
>> block (which _can_ be a single application or a
>> brick for build an
>> application)
>
> yes, right
>
>> and [2] is the creation of a webapp/war
>> directory/file
>> deployable into a servlet engine. Is this correct?
>
> yes
>
> So the next tasks are
>
> - creating the block archetype
>   (for the content see [1] "Create your block
> skeleton")

Where should .xconf file be located so they will be included?

Do we need a different mechanism to include those (is copying over
to the Cocoon WEB-INF/xconf an option for rapid development)?

How can one ev. define logkit.xml stuff if they want to have their own
logging factory/target/category for the components defined in the block
(asuming logkit is still the main logging system in Cocoon)?

Same applies to stuff going into web.xmlof the context?

- --
Giacomo Pati